Saturday, February 12, 2011

3D ANIMATION PROJECT - The Insect Assignment


The assignment for our Intro to 3D Modeling class was to create an insect. That's it. I decided to create a giant scary worm (something like those worms that tried to eat the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars or that thing from Tremors)

The assignment turned into a disaster. I tried texturing the model in Mudbox, but couldn't get the displacement map to load in Maya for the render. I ended up copying the entire 2 million polygon mesh from Mudbox and pasting it into Maya...which Maya didn't really appreciate. It ate up my memory and things started crashing.

I'm pretty happy with how the model turned out. The environment, lighting, and background could use some work...but I used up all my time making the worm look as cool as possible. (sigh) Another consequence of poor time management...

No comments:

Post a Comment